Long Stay Visa
|Non-Immigrant O-A||Non-Immigrant O-X (10 years)|
|Eligibility||Foreigner age of 50 and over *foreigner must have a permanent residence in a country in which the application is submitted.||
• Ordinary passport holder with a nationality of Japan, Australia, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, Canada, and the United States of America, with the age of 50 years old and over
• Spouse and child (age under 20 years old)
|Validity of Visa||1 year||5 years|
|Period of Stay||1 year||5 years|
|Extension of Stay||Can be extended for 1 year every year||Can be extended for another 5 years after the first 5 years|
|Benefits / Conditions||Employment prohibited||
• Can work as a volunteer (in accordance with the list of volunteer work as stipulated by the Department of Employment).
• Can purchase vehicle (under the provision of laws on motor vehicles).
• Can purchase condominium (proceed in accordance with the Condominium Act).